SOL #9

The sound of snowboarders and skiers surrounded the lodge as the fire burned bright. It was a gorgeous day to be enjoying the bright sunshine after the horrific weather we had experienced. The beautiful mountain was adorned with evergreens and the snow was super fresh.  
I spent the day writing a paper as my son and his friends enjoyed some boarding. The simplicity of nature can be breathtaking. I chose to sit near a window that overlooked the base of the mountain. One by one the skiers ventured down the hill sometimes looking as if they were going too fast to stop. Every once in a while you'd catch a novice skier or boarder holding tightly on to a parent. The older crowd would come in and out of the lodge begging their parents for money to buy a snack or to just hang out and enjoy some laughs.
I was completely engrossed in my paper when my son came flying into the lodge yelling that two of his friends were stuck on one of the mountains. I immediately started to panic and began looking for someone to help. Thank goodness that it didn't take long before they figured out their way down the hill. All in all, I'd say it was a fun-filled day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL #18: Swoosh!

SOL #17: Vacation

SOL #30: Easter