SOL #5: Mangia!

Mangia! As I lifted my fork into my mouth the cheese dangled down into my dish. Eggplant parmigiana was quite a delight for this Sunday's feast.

Italian food is one of a kind and it is my all-time favorite. I grew up eating the pure deliciousness my mother and my grandmother crafted up in their little Italian kitchens. Any one of their secret recipes that I can get my hands on, I snag and add them into my recipe box.

Some of my all time favorites include pasta e piselli (pasta and peas), lasagna, or a good old dish of spaghetti and meatballs. For dessert, a refreshing bowl of gelato might do or even just a relaxing warm cup of cappuccino with a cannoli. Seasonal favorites are always welcome too. Antipasto served on Christmas Day with fresh mozzarella, pickled eggplant, and cappicola. Around Easter time, I have mastered making Gram's famous recipe-pizzagaina. I can taste it right now!

Whatever your fancy might be...at Gram's house we always say these words before taking our first bite, "Bon appetit! Now you may eat!"


Comments

  1. Your slice made me hungry!

    I adore eggplant parmigiana, but rarely make it since my family isn't all in with it as a main course. I need to find a restaurant that makes it gluten free so I can enjoy it when I go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so hungry, and also reminds me of my grandpa! Italian food is the best. :) I could really go for some eggplant parmigiana, gelato, and cappuccino...or all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL #18: Swoosh!

SOL #17: Vacation

SOL #30: Easter