SOL #16: A little leprechaun

When you think of a leprechaun, what image do you get in your head? 
For whatever reason, I think of a little mischievous fellow. Greedily searching for a pot of gold, the leprechaun tries to outsmart anyone in his path. 
Saint Patrick's Day hasn't always been one of my favorite holidays, although my three children look forward to it each year. Well...they are Irish! Every year the leprechaun leaves his mark in our house. He has left our toilet water green, golden chocolate coins behind and he has even left gold glitter around the house.
Do you have a leprechaun that visits your house each year?

Comments

  1. You sound like your leprechaun is super fun! My kids are only on the cusp of understanding this holiday. So they will wake up to green shirts and silly headbands. But I am a big believer in Irish magic. My mother's maiden name was Flanigan so I must, at least, give a toast to the irish with some good beer or whiskey tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The St Patrick's Day blog posts are always fun to follow. The Welsh in me wishes there were more to-do for St David, St Andrew, St Yves -- Wales, Scotland, and Brittany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I taught first and second grade, I loved having the leprechaun visit us each year. He would leave gold glitter around, and would also leave magic powder that turned green if you mixed it with milk (pistachio pudding). Now I work with mostly older kids. I miss that sweet innocence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too picture a leprechaun to be mischievous and I'm really not sure why. I've never had one visit but I'm sure the kids love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL #18: Swoosh!

SOL #17: Vacation

SOL #30: Easter