SOL #10: Neighbors Helping Neighbors

The sun shined bright this morning and the sky was crystal clear. If you sat very still, you could feel the warmth of the sun. With any quick movement you can feel winter still hanging on. This was a great day to begin the cleanup after the storm.
Today I considered myself lucky. I drove down the street early this morning to find all of my neighbors outside helping each other cut the tree limbs that were scattered all over our lawns and road. One neighbor had his chainsaw out and as he cut the next neighbor took the branches and placed them in his pickup truck. This went on for hours. One of my neighbors cut down two trees in my yard that were severely damaged from the storm. Today I was proud to be part of this neighborhood. I will never forget these simple acts of kindness.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you and your neighbors suffered through the storm, but isn't it reassuring to see that there is still a sense of community when people come together to help one another?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite line..."If you sat very still, you could feel the warmth of the sun. With any quick movement you can feel winter still hanging on. " Spring is coming...I hope!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL #18: Swoosh!

SOL #17: Vacation

SOL #30: Easter